
When you visit Madrid, and if you go by plane, make sure to get a map of the tube /metro at the airport tourist office. I have noticed that in the tube, there is no map of the lines stuck on the walls, so if you want to know what line (s) you have to get to get to your destination/stop, make sure you have the map with you.
Madrid is a city with lot´s to see and do throughout the year. There are plenty of exhibitions and concerts.
I will write here my top things that I most enjoyed doing:
- Romantic Museum (museo del Romanticismo):
It´s a wonderful museum, close to the Tribunal tube station. Although you had to leave yo

u bag and belonging in the lockers they had, I really enjoyed it. At the end there is a "house" with animated dolls doing their chores (in the dinning room you see the maid putting the food on the table, with the family sitting down, in the ball room you see a young couple dancing the valse, outside you see a young couple getting out of a carriage...you see how the Victorian life was). It´s very well done. After you have some interactive games, to test your knowledge and read further some facts of the lifestyle in the Romantic Era.
2.Go cars: This was quite an adventure. You pay by the hour, and have to show your driver´s licence. These small yeallow cards have a talking gps, which unfortunatley was a little bit slow, so instead of driving around the city in 1 hour, I ended up doing stupid circles and driving for 2 hours (the gps would say turn left or right, too late, so many times I had to go back to do the right turning again), but still had a blast.You can visit the website at www.gocartours.es
3.Teleférico: make sure you check the opening ours before you get there.
Close bye you have the Templo de Débod.
4.Museu del prado: It´s no doubt worth a visit, just be prepared it´s huge!!! (almost as big as the Louvre in paris).
No comments:
Post a Comment